Dental Hygiene Treatment on Long Island
Woodbury Dental Hygienist NY 11797
Dental Hygiene Procedures on Long Island
Dr. Kate Brayman and her staff remind every patient that good dental hygiene is the key to healthy teeth and gums and preventing dental problems. Contact our dental office, Kate Brayman DDS, in Woodbury NY 11797, to schedule a routine dental cleaning, teeth scaling, a thorough exam, and to talk about proper brushing and flossing techniques.
What Our Patients Say
What Is Dental Hygiene?
Taking care of one’s teeth and gums is the cornerstone of a healthy mouth and an attractive smile. Not only essential for eating but dental hygiene or oral hygiene also affects speech clarity; poor oral health can even lead to much more severe issues if left unaddressed. Therefore, one must give diligent attention to teeth and gums to maintain optimal overall wellness.
Regular dental hygiene practices are a must to keep your smile in its happiest and healthiest shape. It takes a few simple steps:
- Be sure to brush at least twice daily for plaque removal and prevention
- Flossing should be done once per day
- Eating nutrient-rich foods like calcium and vitamin D provides essential support to tooth strength
- Limiting the consumption of sugary foods helps protect against tooth decay
- Make an appointment every six months with your dentist for optimal oral health
Brushing your teeth is essential for maintaining oral hygiene – and how you do it matters. Are you doing it correctly? Light brushing won’t get the job done, but brushing too hard could damage the gum. For best results, take 2-3 minutes of proper scrubbing with short strokes and ensure you reach each tooth surface thoroughly. Our dental hygienists will provide insight into appropriate techniques during your next visit.
What services are provided by our Long Island dental hygienists?
When you visit the dentist, the first person you’ll see is a dental hygienist, who is specially trained to provide these services:
- Examine teeth for signs of decay, chips, cracks, and enamel erosion
- Examine gums for signs of infection, swelling, recession, and sores
- Provide a dental deep cleaning or teeth scaling to remove all plaque and tartar
- X-ray your mouth
- Review your medical history
- Screen for oral cancer
- Apply dental sealants and fluoride treatments
- Teach about proper brushing and flossing techniques
- Teach about good nutrition
- Answer your questions about dental care
Why should you visit Dr. Brayman for a dental cleaning and regular dental care?
Dr. Brayman is dedicated to offering her patients the most advanced dental care available, and some of the latest technologies make your dental checkup a lot easier. We offer digital X-rays, which produce rapid results and enhanced images so you can see where problems exist. Digital X-rays also make it easy to compare images before and after treatment.
Our dental hygienist uses a state-of-the-art device, the DIAGNOdent, that uses a laser to find small areas of hidden decay. If you need local anesthesia, we use the Magic Wand, which eliminates long needles and painlessly delivers anesthesia. And finally, we help you relax by massaging dental chairs.
Major Insurance Providers Accepted
At Kate Brayman DDS, we accept most major insurance plans. Here is the list of some of the dental plans we accept. Please contact our dental office if you do not see your insurance provider listed. Please note we do not participate with DMO/HMO insurance.
WHAT OUR PATIENTS SAY
- 10 Tips for Choosing a Dentist Near You - October 5, 2022
- Should You Consider Teeth Bonding Treatments? A Look Into the Pros and Cons - September 1, 2022
- How Much Does Invisalign Cost on Long Island NY? - August 13, 2022